We are a global collaboration of 300+ of the most influential storytellers on earth uniting behind one cause... our planet.
Together, we create non-political, non-judgemental content for mainstream audiences with imagination, originality and humour.
Environmentalism is seen as overly scientific, worthy and ‘owned’ by the liberal left. The mass majority of people don’t engage with typical environmental content.
If we want to affect world change, we cannot keep using the same failed methods.
Rewriting Extinction exists to reach across political and cultural divides, and use cool and viral content to connect disengaged audiences.
How we got here
Rewriting Extinction was founded by writer/producer Paul Goodenough and small team of friends, loved ones and volunteers. After seeing one species after another go extinct, we decided that enough was enough, and sought to unite the environmental, activism and storytelling community to save as many species from extinction as possible, once and for all.
This project would not be have been possible without the love, commitment and passion of so many people and charities who helped us in our early years. Everyone involved in this project has stepped outside their comfort zone and worked with people they don’t know to make this happen.
We’d like to take a moment to thank them, and you, for helping us by #RewritingExtinction.
- World Land Trust
- Born Free
- The Wildlife Trusts
- Rewilding Europe
- The Jane Goodall Institute and Roots & Shoots
- Extinction Rebellion
- Sea Shepherd
- World Animal Protection
- Stop Ecocide International
- Meat Free Monday
- Rewilding Britain
- Animal Rebellion
- Partners for a New Economy
- British Council
- Robin Wood
- Relist Wolves
- On the Edge
- Waterbear Network
- BBC Earth
- Polden Puckham
The rewriting extinction team
- Paul Goodenough: Founder, CEO, Creative Director
- James Whitehead: COO
- William Scantlebury: Lead Producer
- Nicola Johnston: Exec producer
- Veronica Treit: Marketing Manager
- Chad Hemmings: Marketing Manager
- Camilla Leask: PR Lead
- Sarah Florence Lord: Writer and editor
- Magda Bilska-Pereda: Team assistant and Executive Assistant to Paul Goodenough
- Cornelia Abfalter: Designer
- Poem Schway: Content Producer
- Tasmin Hansmann: Content Producer
Special thanks to Media Bounty for their aid with marketing, Climate 2025 for project support, Aerian for our website and DK for their help with our anthology publication.
Rewriting Extinction is a registered charity in the UK: 1198287