Rewriting Extinction is a collaborative charity project comprising of 300 people from across the planet coming together to try and reverse species extinction by harnessing the power of storytelling.
The project was founded by writer/producer Paul Goodenough and small team of friends, loved ones and volunteers. After seeing one species after another go extinct, we decided that enough was enough, and sought to unite the environmental, activism and storytelling community to solve it once and for all.
We operate under the auspices of a charitable collective fund in the UK (Prism the Gift Fund), and two fiscal sponsors (Chapel & York and Re:wild) for the rest of the world. Because we are not a charity, or an NGO, they allow us to take donations and give donors tax breaks.
This project would not be possible without the love, commitment and passion of so many people and charities. Everyone involved in this project has stepped outside their comfort zone and worked with people they don’t know to make this happen, which speaks to their passion and commitment.
We’d like to take a moment to thank them, and you, for helping us by #RewritingExtinction.
- World Land Trust
- Born Free
- The Wildlife Trusts
- Rewilding Europe
With thanks to our supporting charities & organisations
- The Jane Goodall Institute and Roots & Shoots
- Extinction Rebellion
- Sea Shepherd
- World Animal Protection
- Stop Ecocide International
- Meat Free Monday
- Rewilding Britain
- Animal Rebellion
The Rewriting Extinction team
- Paul Goodenough: Founder, Project Funder, Writer, Art Director
- Elizabeth Anderson: Chief Operating Officer
- Sally Sattary: Project Manager
- Camilla Leask: PR Lead
- Sarah Florence Lord: Writer, Editor, Project Assistant
- Veronica Treit: Marketing Manager, Copy Writer
- Poem Schway: Content Producer
- Tasmin Hansmann: Content Producer
- Marie Negus: Charity Liaison
- Cornelia Abfalter: Designer
- Ryan Cheetham: Website Designer and Developer
- Hannah Williams: Website Developer
- Will Dennis: Editor
- Tyler Jennes: Editor
- Michael Perlman: Editor
- Bis Stringer Horne: Editor
- Bernardo Brice: Lead Letterer
Special thanks to Media Bounty for managing our campaign, Climate 2025 for project support, Aerian for our website and DK for their help with our anthology publication.