Rewriting Extinction is a collaborative charity project comprising of over 300 people from across the planet coming together to try and reverse species extinction by harnessing the power of storytelling.
The project was founded by writer/producer Paul Goodenough and small team of friends, loved ones and volunteers. After seeing one species after another go extinct, we decided that enough was enough, and sought to unite the environmental, activism and storytelling community to save as many species from extinction as possible, once and for all.
This project would not be possible without the love, commitment and passion of so many people and charities. Everyone involved in this project has stepped outside their comfort zone and worked with people they don’t know to make this happen.
We’d like to take a moment to thank them, and you, for helping us by #RewritingExtinction.
Beneficiary charities 2020-2022
- World Land Trust
- Born Free
- The Wildlife Trusts
- Rewilding Europe
With thanks to our supporting charities & organisations
- The Jane Goodall Institute and Roots & Shoots
- Extinction Rebellion
- Sea Shepherd
- World Animal Protection
- Stop Ecocide International
- Meat Free Monday
- Rewilding Britain
- Animal Rebellion
- Partners for a New Economy
- British Council
- Robin Wood
- Relist Wolves
- On the Edge
- Waterbear Network
- BBC Earth
The Rewriting Extinction team
- Paul Goodenough: Founder, CEO, Creative Director
- James Whitehead: COO
- William Scantlebury: Lead Producer
- Veronica Treit: Marketing Manager
- Camilla Leask: PR Lead
- Sarah Florence Lord: Writer and editor
- Magda Bilska-Pereda: Team assistant and Executive Assistant to Paul Goodenough
- Cornelia Abfalter: Designer
- Poem Schway: Content Producer
- Tasmin Hansmann: Content Producer
Special thanks to Media Bounty for their aid with marketing, Climate 2025 for project support, Aerian for our website and DK for their help with our anthology publication.
Rewriting Extinction is a registered charity in the UK: 1198287